Did you know that the PTA sponsors programs, activities, events, equipment, and technology every year to enrich our student’s educational experience? Things like:
- STEM events including Super STEM Saturday, Science Guys Walloping Weather program, Howard County Conservancy visits, Owl Outreach, and STEM Fair!
- Cultural Arts events including visiting artists and authors, poetry residency, cellists, acrobats, Otto the Auto, historical re-enactors, Zoomobile, storytellers, and singers!
- An environmentally-friendly water bottle filling station in the cafeteria.
- Classroom equipment like iPads for Kindergarten and stability discs.
- Wireless microphones and CD players/jacks/headphones for music classes.
- Butterfly garden supplies.
- Ukuleles for the music department.
- Teacher allocations to help reduce out-of-pocket expenses for classrooms and instructional needs.
- Magazine and online resource subscriptions to supplement content taught in classes.
- Staff appreciation events during Staff Appreciation week, dinners for conference nights, & welcome back lunches.
The funds that the PTA raises helps to support all these things and more! We can’t do it without your help! By contributing $50 (or more!) you can help us reach this year’s goal of raising $14,000 by Thanksgiving so that the PTA can continue to sponsor these important enrichment activities!